Christmas card 2010/11

Christmas card 2010/11
#cc15

cc15

In Buddhist countries, 2010 is year of Tiger, 2012 is year of rabbit.
The quote on the outside of the card is an old Chinese poem with a modification of one letter. "No one knows this place in the depth of the forest; Yet a bright star (moon - original) visits and shines upon us (me - original, but there is no singular or plural in the original poem) (well, something like that.)

In my country, we see the shadow on the moon as a rabbit making rice cake. So - my intention is - at 0:00, January 1st, the rabbit stops its work and start dancing with friends.

welcome

welcome

introduction

Thank you for viewing my silly cartoons.

My card making originated when I was a novice of All Saints Sisters of the Poor, MD late in 2006. I started drawing ‘thank you’ cartoons for an organist, Mr Johan Banket, who comes on Sundays and major Feast days at 7am Mass to play hymns and big pieces (such as Bach Toccata and Fugue) as preludes and postludes for just 13 nuns + a few guests (also he kindly wrote down the name of the pieces he played for me). That is the reason why many of my cards ()7xx and 08xx have ‘Thank you’.

When I drew one for Easter (#0701) in my bed at midnight (which was of course, against the rule), I thought, ‘I think.., I like this.’ I wanted to keep a copy, and also I wanted to share it with the Sisters. So I went to the studio of All Saints Scriptorium, scanned and multiplied it, and left a copy on each Sister’s choir desk on Easter morning. Many Sisters liked it.

Thus I experienced the joy of sharing my little gift. Also I found it a great reward when my drawing/card cheers up the one who receives it.

Even though there is no organist who comes to play Bach cantata or fugues for OSH sisters, I continue to draw, and I would be happy if any of my drawings brings you a little light.

I would be happy to re-print any of my drawings as note cards, bookmarks, letter sheets, business cards, etc for you or your family and/or friends.

Your comments, criticisms, advices, opinions, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Yours faithfully

Faith Anthony, n/OSH


Tuesday, July 7, 2009

0714, Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment